Dogs are our best friends and most faithful companions. Owning a dog is truly a rewarding experience. There are a number of different breeds to choose from, all of them very different in their own ways. It is essential to select the dog that is right for you, so expect to spend some time making the decision. Once you’ve found your new best friend, you’ll want to stop by Animal World in Medicine Hat for quality dog supplies and friendly advice.
Whether you prefer the company of lizards or hamsters, Animal World offers a variety of creatures for your home. Stop by our location in Medicine Hat today.
“You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.” - Robert Louis Stevenson
“Happiness is a warm puppy.” - Charles M. Schulz
Here are the top ten things to consider to help ensure a healthy and rewarding relationship with your new "best friend."
1. Outfit your dog with a collar and ID tag. No matter how careful you are, there's a chance your companion may become lost.
2. Follow our local laws for licensing your dog and vaccinations.
3. Follow this simple rule-off property, get a leash. Even a dog with a valid license, rabies tag, and ID tag should not be allowed to roam outside of your home or fenced yard. It is best for you, our community, and your dog to keep your pet under control at all times.
4. Give your dog proper shelter. A fenced yard with a doghouse is a bonus, especially for large and active dogs; however, dogs should never be left outside alone or for extended periods of time. Dogs need and crave companionship and should spend most of their time inside with their family.
5. Take your dog to the veterinarian for regular check-ups. We can assist in finding one.
6. Spay or neuter your dog. Dogs that have this routine surgery tend to live longer, be healthier, and have fewer behavior problems.
7. Give your pooch a nutritionally balanced diet, including constant access to fresh water. We can assist you in determining how often and what to feed them.
8. Enroll your dog in a training class. Positive training will allow you to control your companion's behavior safely and humanely, and the experience offers a terrific opportunity to enhance the bond you share with your dog.
9. Give your dog enough exercise to keep him physically fit (but not exhausted). Most dog owners find that playing with their canine companion, along with walking him twice a day, provides sufficient exercise.
10. Be a loyal, patient and faithful companion. Make sure the expectations you have of your dog are reasonable and remember that the vast majority of behavior problems can be solved.
* Source: Humane Society
Meet Your New Best Friend
Enrich your life with the addition of a new pet for your home. We carry a variety of small animals for your choosing.
Lots of Love
Love this place, staff is great and such a great variety of products. Support local :-) - Denniel B.